Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The Modern Troubadour

The guitar is the closest thing that exists to a chick magnet. If you are not rich or good-looking, being a musician is the next viable option for attracting a mate. Because of the guitar, instead of being a 40-year-old virgin, I have two children and a divorce: Proof of the magic.

Which brings me to the problem. Good musicians are people who enjoy sitting in their room all day playing the same scale and memorizing the lyrics to "One Week". This will get you a girlfriend, but will eventually land you in this situation:

"What do you want to do tonight?"

"Sit in my room and play scales."

"You NEVER pay attention to me!"

I think my current girlfriend gets it. She asked for a CD of me playing guitar for Christmas. I'll call her again in December when it's done.

No comments: