Monday, April 23, 2007

ETA on Midlife Crisis

My teenage son asked me when I was going to have my midlife crisis. I am guessing he wants me to buy a cooler car.

I had to disappoint him. My midlife crisis will probably never happen. I don't think I have ever been a hard-core adult, so I lack the prerequisite to a second childhood.

The foundation of a quality midlife breakdown is being a martyr: Work yourself to death for a demanding wife and oblivious children. Then when you snap, you can try to cram all the fun you had been missing into a year a debauchery.

Alas, I have paced my debauchery. I better start saving up now for my birthday.

1 comment:

Nairelev said...

You gotta invite me. I'll have one soon, due to my mom beibg some sort of chimera, fusion of female dog and mother badger. And wolverine that is pissed off. Bad combo....